Monday 29 April 2013

Day 2: I survived my first day of fasting! It was not easy but I was lucky that it was a beautiful day and got into some gentle gardening which made me forget me tummy and ken for undiscplined sugar transfat laden yumyums. By evening I was not really interested in food(!) and was happy with 2 small pieces of bread and a small banana. I probably went over my 500 kjs but not by too much.
So this morning I woke up and I'm not starving and wanting fried eggs and bacon or pancakes and bacon or a bacon samwitch. I warmed up some of yesterdays left over rice (nb rice goes off very quickly - don't eat 2 day old rice) cracked a soft boiled egg in it and topped it with sweet chilli sauce. A poor copy of congee, but satisfying. Funny that I'm pushing towards Asian foods. When you consider there are not many overweight Asians (except for those adopting a western diet) it makes sense. Perhaps I am also craving the salt in place of the sugar. Also funny that this is a 5 day and I can eat "Normally". Now instead of writing this I should be taking the dog for a walk or something... Check in tomorra and I'll come clean.

By evening, although not craving, I was a bit cranky and uncommunicative. Warn your loved ones before embarking on this that you may need some cossetting or at least a blind eye when you first start fasting. Truly, my new body and lack of snoring will be worth my moodiness! Feeling okay mood wise today, and not quite so anxious about the next fast day which will possibly be tomorrow or Saturday depending on work schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment